Hey there Redcore Linux lovers!
It is my pleasure to announce that Redcore Linux 1710, codename Helvetios, ISO is now ready and available for download from the usual place. This one is very special, as Redcore Linux just turned 1 year old. So, we packed it with plenty new features and we did our best to make it the best Redcore Linux release to date. Here is a brief changelog :
- resync with Gentoo ebuild tree (03.11.2017)
- linux 4.9.53 LTS kernel with BFQ and UKSM enable by default
- linux 4.12.14 kernel available in the repository
- graphics stack is once more on the edge with mesa 17.2.4, llvm 5.0.0, libdrm 2.4.87, xorg-server 1.19.5
- LXQT is now at 0.12.0 and I'm proud to say we are the first distro to release it to the masses...we built it and played with it since the release day
- printer drivers are now preinstalled and preconfigured, so everything should ... just work
- sisyphus package manager received much love this cycle, it is now better than ever : it can search by name, category or description, it can install/remove multiple packages at once, it is multithreaded, it can filter and display all, installed or upgradable packages and, last but not least, it can recover from database corruption or deletion.
- vasile (our swiss army knife) also received much love, it was rewritten from scratch with modularity in mind, and we have many more plans with it...
- many bug and security fixes are also in place
- and I'm happy to welcome our new developer : Ionel Busuioc aka daywatch
Note : This will be the latest release this year. The next release , Redcore Linux 1801 codename Intercrus is expected at the end of January.