I'm pleased to announce the immediate availability of Redcore Linux Hardened 2301 (codename Sirius) stable ISO. This cycle was mostly about fixing bugs. Since our previous release in October, many of you have flocked to our bug tracker and reported many issues, which I appreciate. Sisyphus, our package manager, saw a massive benefit, and it is now more reliable than ever. We also added minor features, such as coloured output support.
- resync with Gentoo Linux' testing tree as of 23.02.2023
- linux headers v6.1, glibc v2.36, gcc v12.2.1, binutils v2.39 && llvm/clang v15.0.7 based toolchain
- improved hardening -> https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2023-01-01-hardening-fortify-assertions.html
- mesa v23.0.0, Xorg v21.1.7, Xwayland v22.1.8 based graphics stack
- linux kernel v6.1.12 LTS as default (v6.0.19, v5.15.95 LTS, v5.10.169 LTS available in the repositories, if you need an older kernel)
- KDE Plasma v5.27.1, KDE Gear v22.12.2, KDE Frameworks v103 based default desktop stack
- LXQT makes a return with v1.2.0, available in the repositories, ready to install, if you need a "light" desktop
- OpenSnitch is now preinstalled and ready to use out of the box.
- bugfix : sisyphus doesn't update the terminal titles -> https://bugs.redcorelinux.org/show_bug.cgi?id=131
- bugfix : sisyphus can't handle non-ASCII characters -> https://bugs.redcorelinux.org/show_bug.cgi?id=129
- bugfix : sisyphus timeout on very large updates -> https://bugs.redcorelinux.org/show_bug.cgi?id=132
- bugfix : sisyphus can't resume downloads -> https://bugs.redcorelinux.org/show_bug.cgi?id=132
Known issues :
- live session doesn't properly start in QEMU/KVM virtual machines (works perfectly fine in VirtualBox virtual machines, or real hardware)