Hey there Redcore Linux lovers!
It is my pleasure to announce that Redcore Linux 1801 Intercrus STABLE ISO image is now ready and available for download from the usual place. I won't go through all the changelog since Redcore Linux 1710 once again, you can read it in Redcore Linux 1801 BETA announcement here. Here's a brief changelog since BETA :
- resync with Gentoo portage tree (27.01.2018)
- linux kernel LTS 4.14.14 with MuQSS and UKSM enabled by default for maximum desktop performance
- linux kernel LTS 4.9.77 with MuQSS, BFQ and UKSM enabled by default available in the repository
- both kernels have KPTI for Meltdown mitigation and Retpoline for SPECTRE mitigation enabled by default
- mesa is updated to 17.3.3 , kde frameworks updated to 5.42
- mirror selection is configurable since we have yet another mirror (take a look into /etc/sisyphus/mirrors.conf)
- root password is now disabled, installer will start right away without asking for a password
- the installed system will now take less disk space
- some artwork fixes and tweaks
- lockscreen is now pretty
Note : I wanted to release a RC iso image as well, but BETA iso image prooved to be rock stable already, requiring only slight adjustments, so I skipped RC entirely.